Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Button Format > Apply Settings to State not saving

Hi

I have added a shape to the canvas and am trying to format it so that the borders only appear when you hover over it.

I diable the border for the Default state, then I change the state to On Hover and enable the border. Now when changing the state back to Default, the border setting shows enabled...

music43_0-1653033462015.png   music43_1-1653033521216.png     music43_2-1653033555641.png

You can see the button also shows the border as soon as I enable it for the hover state.

PBI Desktop Version: 2.105.664.0 64-bit (May 2022)

Thanks

Oli

Hi @music43 ,

Could you please check the reproduction steps you provided, in step 3 of Example2 you manually turned off the Fill option.
As you can see it is working fine for me. I can reopen the thread as you requested, but I retested it and I still don't have the problem you described.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @music43 ,

I am confused by your description, can you describe in detail how to reproduce your problem?
Do you mean that you manually enabled border in on hover state and now when you set the state to "default", border is not turned off as default?

If you manually enabled the option, it can only be turned off by you manually, is it working properly on your April version?

Best Regards,

music43
Advocate II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Try adding a button and configuring the border differently for the default state and the on hover state. The same bug appears for the background fill. You currently can not set them to be different.

Example 1 (This works correctly)

1. Add Blank Button
  2. Button > Style > Apply settings to "Default"
    1. Enable text
    2. Type anything
    3. Left align
    4. Disable Icon
    5. Enable Fill
    6. Set fill to grey
    7. Enable Border
    8. Set Border to blue
    9. music43_1-1653300448765.png
  3. Button > Style > Apply settings to "On hover"
    1. Change text to centre aligned
    2. Change fill to Blue
    3. Change border to orange
    4. music43_2-1653300482311.png

Example 2 (This is a bug!)

1. Add Blank Button
  2. Button > Style > Apply settings to "Default"
    1. Disable icon
    2. Enable Fill
    3. Set Fill to Grey
    4. Disable Border
    5. music43_3-1653300763151.png

3. Button > Style > Apply settings to "On hover"
    1. Disable Fill
    2. Enable Border
      1. Set Border to Blue
      2. music43_4-1653300912599.png

BUT, now the "on-hover" setting have also changed the "Default" state look of the button

music43_5-1653300974718.png

Hopefully this will clarify the issue.

Thanks

Oli

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @music43 ,

I reproduced it in the way you mentioned the “bug”. But I still can't seem to reproduce your problem, am I missing something?

Button.gif

Best Regards,

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

After several tests, it does not seem to be a bug.
Kindly see the comments above,this thread will be closed.Once your problem has not been resolved, it will be reopened.

music43
Advocate II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

I had missed your GIF when I saw your reply. Please can you tell me, what happened to the purple fill colour of the default state? After you had set up the on-hover state, the purple fill had disappeared... 

Thanks

Oli

music43
Advocate II

@v-xiaoyan-msft Can you re-open this issue based on my question above, or should I create a new ticket for this same issue and link it back?

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @music43 ,

Could you please check the reproduction steps you provided, in step 3 of Example2 you manually turned off the Fill option.
As you can see it is working fine for me. I can reopen the thread as you requested, but I retested it and I still don't have the problem you described.

Best Regards,

music43
Advocate II

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thank you for coming back to me again. I think it is a misconception of how the feature works on my side. Sorry to waste your time.

ReginaldPenguin
Helper I

I don't think this is as straightforwards as you're suggesting it is, it seems to have been made extremely unclear with the move to the new formatting pane. With the old pane I was using button states in my first month with the software now 5 years later and this basic tool somehow confuses me. 

Based on the below please can you detail the actions I would need to take so that the selected button on the left changes to white (or whatever colour) when hovering over it, whereas otherwise it's its usual colour. 

ReginaldPenguin_0-1662648280435.png

Thanks