cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect the data source with Dynamic SQL Query after publish

Hi,

I tried to build a dashboard with Dynamic SQL query, I tested and it functioned well in the Power BI desktop.

However, it doesn't work after being published to the cloud, saying that it is unable to connect to the data source.

Does anyone know the reason for this? Thanks!

Data source connection failed

Unable to connect to the data source 736bXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX . Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration on the dataset settings page and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue.Unable to connect to the data source {0}. Either the data source is inaccessible, a connection timeout occurred, or the data source credentials are invalid. Please verify the data source configuration on the {1} and contact a data source administrator to troubleshoot this issue.

Hi @jackie819 ,

To my knowledge, it is not supported in the Power BI Service. If you would like to suggest this feature improvements, you may vote the idea here  and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @jackie819 ,

To my knowledge, it is not supported in the Power BI Service. If you would like to suggest this feature improvements, you may vote the idea here  and comment there to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn