Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Suddenly dataSelected event not getting fired for some users in PowerBi Embedded report.

Our app was working fine till yesterday.
But today without any change dataSelected event is not getting fired for some users whereas its fine for others.

WE have our react app deployed in prod. It has embedded power bi report integrated. We have a button which gets enabled when we select an item from report grid.  This item selection is supposed to fire dataSelected event of power bi report but its not firing suddenly.

Whereas if we click on any other slicer or filter , the dataSelected event gets fired. How is the issue happening suddenly today without any change?

Hi @supsinha_pbi ,

I can't reproduce your problem, I haven't received any feedback from other users with a similar experience to yours for the time being, 1 day has passed since you posted, is the problem still there?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @supsinha_pbi ,

I can't reproduce your problem, I haven't received any feedback from other users with a similar experience to yours for the time being, 1 day has passed since you posted, is the problem still there?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

supsinha_pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hi Team,

Yes the issue is still there today with some users.  I could also see a similar issue reported eralier : Power BI Embedded dataSelected event not triggered - Microsoft Fabric Community

Not exactly same but with dataSelected event not getting fired. Its difficult to reproduce it as on the same app with embedded report, some users are not facing the issue whereas some others are.

Is there any path along which we can debug to see why the dataSelected event is not getting fired?

supsinha_pbi
Frequent Visitor

Hi @ v-xiaoyan-msft

Today when i a debugged issue in local , i can see that on click of the grid element, an error event is getting generated instead of the dataSelected event , on power bi embedded component, with the following error :
Invoked filter serialization function with no filter

supsinha_pbi_0-1701427406516.png

Can you please help as to when this error comes?

supsinha_pbi
Frequent Visitor

hi @v-xiaoyan-msft is there any update? Can u help with above error?