Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Q&A not working with Top N and Bottom N in service

I built a report with a Q&A visual that works perefectly in Desktop with Top N and Bottom N questions e.g. Top 5 Regions by Sales , Bottom 5 Sales Rep by Shipments, etc.

But when I publish it up to a premium capacity workspace the Top N and Bottom N questions fail and I get a "Can't display the visual" message, See datils says "Couldn't load the data from this visual". 

Notew the issue shows up when trying to filter across two table with relationship.

As seen in the bellow example I have just two tables joined by ID. When I try to do "Top Types by Sales" or "Bottom Types by Sales" I get the mentiond error.

Note that the dat set isn't that big around 100mb and I am using a Power BI Dataset as source (source datset is in the same workspace).

ExampleExample

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Alan_F ,

I could not reproduce this issue on my side. Could you please click "See details" and show the specific error for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Alan_F
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yuta-msft ,

Thanks for testing this. I checked it again today and now the issue is gone.

Not sure what happend, if it was a specific service bug just for our enviorment or something else. But I can now run the Top N & bottom N across tables.

TopTest.PNG

Regards,

Alan