Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Slicer Transparency Desktop vs Web Issue

We have a slicer that is set with no Item background that shows correctly in desktop version, but is showing with a white item background in the web version. Is this a bug or is there a way to set these items as transparent background? I would prefer to not have grey colored background if possible.

Screenshots:

Items Transparency setting:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Desktop version:

Web version:

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please try to run the latest Power BI desktop version then test again. If issue persists, please share a sample pbix file with us to test it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

peter_rips
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Give it a look here please:

Left Side - Desktop | Right Side - WebLeft Side - Desktop | Right Side - Web

Thanks

magsod
Solution Supplier

The same issue is now happening in latest version of Power BI Desktop (Feb 2018).

Before the update items in the slicers had a "true" transparent background, now that background is set to white.

Br,

Magnus

carolnmarr
Regular Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft in the most updated version of Power BI (Feb 2018 release), I now do not even have the option for transparent background in Desktop version.

Here is a file & screenshot for example.

SlicerTransparency.png

PBIX File - Download

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Regarding the issue happens on the latest Power BI desktop version, the fix will be released next week. 

Regarding the issue in Power BI service, I have sent a email to consult this issue internally. Will update here once I get any information. 

Currently, we can try temporary changing item background color manually to match with slicer background to work around the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got the information internally that the issue in Power BI service will be fixed this week. Please test again after this week. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu  

carolnmarr
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft - I can confirm that the new Desktop version (2.55.5010.641) resolves the issue on Desktop, but I am still experiencing the issue with Power BI service as of today 2/19 at 9:00am CST. Do you have any update on the resolution?

Thank you

Transparency.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

I tested and the issue persisted in Power BI service on my side. I already sent a email to consult it internally. Will update here once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @carolnmarr,

The fix in Power BI service is postponed by a week. It should in all cluster by 2/22. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu