Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Field parameters - Default sorting order resets When there is a Legend in the Visual!

Similar thing to (Ticket ) happens when I use legend in the stacked bar (or column) chart. If the legend is not in place, then the Sorting by measure works fine. If I add a legend, then the sort order by measure gets removed averytime I change the parameter (measure) between count and value. See below: 

StandaRubina_0-1715848386221.png

StandaRubina_2-1715848386075.png

Please fix this so this visual is useable for the Field Parameters. Thanks.

Hi @StandaRubina .

It's a known limit.When a Field Parameter is used to swap fields in a Visual, the Visual will drop some related information like Sort direction and Drill/Expand state.

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @StandaRubina .

It's a known limit.When a Field Parameter is used to swap fields in a Visual, the Visual will drop some related information like Sort direction and Drill/Expand state.

If you would like to suggest feature improvements, you may vote the idea and comment here to improve this feature. It is the right place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

allyklee
Frequent Visitor

We found a fix by adding a blank measure into the tooltips field then sorting on that 🙂  Found that little gem here https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Sort-Visual-on-Field-Parameter/td-p/2520955