Unable to sign in from Power BI Desktop and Enterprise Gateway after implementing Conditional AccessStatus: Investigating
We have a production implementation of Power BI for which we turned on device based Conditional Access (CA), and added relevant AD groups. After turning on CA, users in the device based AD group are unable to sign in from Power BI desktop and also cannot sign in upon installation of a new Enterprise Gateway.
We get the following message: Unable to sign in. Sorry we encountered an error while trying to sign you in. Details: AADSTS50000. Device platform Unknown used by the user is an unsupported device platform. Supported device platforms are iOS, Android, and Windows flavors.
We are on a Windows platform and tested from Windows 8 and Windows 7 machines, and encountered the same error on both. This issue applies to October 2016 and September 2016 versions of desktop. To prove that CA triggered this issue, we used a test user not in the device based AD group. The test user was able to sign in successfully.
This issue is critical as it prevents us from being able to publish directly from Power BI desktop and prevents users from installing a new Enterprise Gateway.
Please let me know if you need any additional information. If you need Trace ID, Correlation ID or Timestamp, I can provide it via email.
Previously I was able to connect to Project online using Power BI. I am now unable to connect to the Project Online Data Set using PowerBI.
I used it for two sites and both are now unable to connect whereas one was able to connect previously
I'm trying to figure out why the Power BI service degrades to a point where it is unusable or crashes. We've had a Microsoft engineer on to have a look and advise us that our Smoothwall web filter is causing a Mixed Content error, which we're currently trying to resolve. However, I also noticed that the console in Google Chrome is indicating an issue with 'https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/powerbi/refresh/subscribe' stalling every time. We just use the Power BI Service directly; no embedding or anything. Is this something to be concerned about?
I have an aumoated refresh which works successfully each time, but the e-mail that get sent from the subscription shows that there is an error - but when I logon to look, everything seems absolutley fine...
Where do I go from here?
I'm having an issue where I am connecting to an on-prem SharePoint list, and get an error about being unable to parse data. This strange thing is I'm using several other lists from the same farm with not issues.
What would cause this, and how can I troubleshoot it?
According to this page : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-export-data/
The maximum number of rows that can be exported to .xlsx is 150,000.
When we try to export the data gets truncated after ~30000th row.
We are using free version.
Normally, hovering the mouse over a visualization icon (e.g. "Pie chart" or "Scatter chart") will display a tooltip describing the icon/visualization. However, on a 4k display, if the Power BI window is maximized, this tooltip will not display.
The problem seems to present when the icons are positioned in the right-quarter of the 4k display, such as when the window is maximized. If it is not maximized, and the window is positioned on the left three-quarters of the display, then the tooltips will display again.
The tooltips always work when the app is shown on my lower resolution monitor.
See bottom of page: https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/info#submit
Link reads: Learn more about creating and submitting visuals
Current URL of link: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=671709
Instead navigates to page: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/
If this is intended, it's not clear that I will find help here for creating and submitting custom visuals. I expect to be taken to a page specifically about the topic. Changing the link to read: "Find support for creating and submitting visuals" might make this link a little more acceptable.
Back in September there were some service issues that resulted in an 11 page forum thread here detailing everyones problems. It appears those same problems are back. Yesterday during a conference call everyone received the same errors of endlessly spinning loading circles and all the elements being replaced with a "See Details" dialog box. Same errors we experienced back in September. Screenshot attached, just an FYI.