Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Issues updating SSL off-prem

I'm getting "The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure".   When trying to update the Semantic Model from the web app. 

I was able to update the certificate on my PC and all works fine. 

Anyone know how to update a certificate when useing the cloud app and database?

Thank you !

Hi @tthielman-28 ,

You’ll need to get a new SSL certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA). This could be a public CA like Verisign or DigiCert, or your organization’s internal CA.
Power BI uses Azure for cloud services, and Azure Key Vault is where you’ll install your new certificate.

Embed Power BI content in a Power BI embedded analytics application with service principal and a cer...
Once the new certificate is installed in Azure Key Vault, you’ll need to update your Power BI application to use it. This typically involves updating the application settings with the thumbprint or identifier of the new certificate.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @tthielman-28 ,

You’ll need to get a new SSL certificate from a trusted Certificate Authority (CA). This could be a public CA like Verisign or DigiCert, or your organization’s internal CA.
Power BI uses Azure for cloud services, and Azure Key Vault is where you’ll install your new certificate.

Embed Power BI content in a Power BI embedded analytics application with service principal and a cer...
Once the new certificate is installed in Azure Key Vault, you’ll need to update your Power BI application to use it. This typically involves updating the application settings with the thumbprint or identifier of the new certificate.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn