Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Power BI Git Integration Uncommitted Changed After Syncing

After connecting an existing Fabric/Power BI workspace to Git, selecting the option to have the Git repo overwrite what's in the workspace, and waiting for the sync to complete, an Uncommitted change shows up for the Power BI dataset. I'm not sure what this change is, but it happens every time I do this. I'm wondering if its a bug or a behavior that should be altered.

Hi @GarettWP 

Has there been a problem like this before? Can you provide a screenshot and details of the error reported?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @GarettWP 

Has there been a problem like this before? Can you provide a screenshot and details of the error reported?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

GarettWP
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft - I've been experiencing this since the feature was released in preview about a month ago. Here's a screenshot of the Changes that show up immediately after syncing to a branch and pushing a new commit. It looks like after that happens, the web service is reordering some elements of the .bim file.

GarettWP_0-1687269349042.png

pcavacas
Helper I

I'm also experiencing the same issues.  The steps that I did was to create an empty workspace.  Created a new repo which contained 1 Power BI file saved as a PBIP file.  When I sync that repo with the workspace it always comes back with uncommitted changes.

In the definition.pbir file under the .Report folder the following change is present.  In the main branch, which came from the Power BI Desktop save it has Access Mode=readonly.  When that is synced into the Workspace it removes this section.

"connectionString": "Data Source=\"powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/*************\";Initial Catalog=\"Production Model\";Access Mode=readonly;Integrated Security=ClaimsToken",
      "connectionString": "Data Source=\"powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/*************\";Initial Catalog=\"Production Model\";Integrated Security=ClaimsToken",

Even if I select the change in the Workspace and say to undo the change it always comes back
bjorneev
Frequent Visitor

I have this problem as well. And its kind of a pain because we want to attach our DEV workspaces to the main branch of a repo, and protect this branch with build policies. As we cannot commit changes directly from the workspace in this scenario, we get a conflict next time we try to update something from the git repository. You can't undo these automatic changes done by the workspace. So then we'll have to detach the git integration, delete the artifacts in the workspace and reattach to repo. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can confirm I've also been having this problem after syncing the workspace to a git repo after I made a change to a report. It syncs and then it creates an automatic change that we have to commit

Here's an example of one of those automatic changes it creates in the workspace after we sync to the repo. 

killjoy_0-1701167664310.png

alfBI
Helper III

Sme issue, We have started to notice the problem today

On our case change is on definition of the datasetreference

after sycing

{
"version": "1.0",
"datasetReference": {
"byPath": {
"path": "../Dataset.Dataset"
},
"byConnection": null
}
}

before sycing 

{
"version": "1.0",
"datasetReference": {
"byPath": null,
"byConnection": {
"connectionString": "Data Source=powerbi://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/Dataset\";Access Mode=readonly;Integrated Security=ClaimsToken",
"pbiServiceModelId": null,