Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

New Card Visual Shadows Issue

When using the new card visual and adding 6 measures to it, if you then go to the Cards properties section and enable Shadow, the layout of the cards changed dramatically. A lot of extra padding is added on all sides of each card and there is not clear reason why or way to undo this other than disabling Shadow. To be clear, this is not the Shadow option under the Size and style section, but under Cards.

Hi @GarettWP ,

When we turn on the shadow, the cards will shrink, so text in it can't be presented in its entirety. What we should do is to enlarge the visual.

card.gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team_yanjiang

Comments
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @GarettWP ,

By my test, can't reproduce your problem, it seems work as expected.

vyanjiangmsft_0-1687246749633.png

Best regards,

GarettWP
Advocate I

@v-yanjiang-msft - You're not using the correct Shadow option that I mentioned and your format pane looks outdated. 

Shadows off

GarettWP_0-1687268854027.png

Shadows on

GarettWP_1-1687268877673.png

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @GarettWP ,

When we turn on the shadow, the cards will shrink, so text in it can't be presented in its entirety. What we should do is to enlarge the visual.

card.gif

Best regards,

GarettWP
Advocate I

@v-yanjiang-msft - Following up on this. I think it would be more desirable for the cards to not shrink, but for the shadows to expand outside the visual as they do on the regular card visual today. Its current design is unexpected to me and puts too much space between the cards.

C4YNelis
Advocate III

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

I have the same issue with the shadow of the cards in the new card visual and what's more, if I publish my report to the service, the shadows dissappear and the layout of the cards changes dramatically. That is, all the padding around the cards (not customizable, yet visible in PBI Desktop) has disappeared entirely).

So in short, the padding needs to be customizable in PBI Desktop (essential) and also, the padding of the cards in Service needs to (work to begin with and) be aligned with PBI Desktop.

I'm using Version: 2.122.746.0 64-bit (oktober 2023) in a shared capacity.

(not sure if it's relevant, but I have On-object interaction off).

Cheers,

Niels