Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report - is intermittently not working

trying to set up a new subscription to an APP to a Power BI report that is in a Premium Capacity workspace

click on subscribe to report - new subscription - attach full report

and the PDF and PowerPoint options are greyed out and a pop up says "upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report"

UOLandrewdale_0-1706695226449.png

the same hapens if I view an existing subscription which already has the option (PDF) selected, but the pop up still says "upgrade to power BI premium to attach the report"

however, if I go to view the list of the reports in the workspace, even without opening one of them, and then I go back to the APP then the attach option works okay

happens to others in the organisation too. I am an Admin for the workspace and the colleague is a member

sorry, posted this to the service forum before I relaised there was a bug forum

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Service/upgrade-to-power-BI-premium-to-attach-the-report/m...

Hi  all,

It's a known issue and there is no ETA now . As a mitigation meanwhile, please give user viewer permission to underlying workspace to allow them to create FRA. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @UOLandrewdale 

No other users have reported such an issue at this time. When did this happen? As you described, everything worked fine when you returned to the app again. You can try changing your browser or clearing your browser's cache and see if you have the same problem in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

Hi Alisa Tao @v-yetao1-msft 

I have cleared my cache in Chrome and also tried Edge and still get the same issue. My worry is that my standard users who are only APP members and not workspace members won't have the ability to do the switch. I will try to find one and see if I can test with them.

First noticed it the day I reported it as we don't create subscrioptions very often.

Additional observation, when I go straight to the APP and click new subscription it goes straight into the subscription creation screen, but when I go via the workspace and then to the APP it gives me an additional menu to choose between "Standard" and "Dynamic per recipient (preview)".

UOLandrewdale_0-1706782938962.png

Lozzahoff
Frequent Visitor

Hi Alisa Tao ,

I can confirm I'm witnessing the same behaviour as UOLandrewdale.  

1) I go into the app and the export file type options within the subscription are greyed out and I'm told to get Premium.

2) I then go into a report that makes up the app in the workspace and the options are available along with the new Standard/Dynamic options.

3) I go back into the app and the new Standard/Dynamic options now appear and the export options are no longer greyed out.

It looks like an issue with the Preview functionality rollout.

Made me look a complete idiot on the demo I just did.

Thanks,

Laurence

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

UPDATE 2

Hi Alisa Tao @v-yetao1-msft 

I can confirm this also affects our users who only have a stand PBI licence. They do not get the "Choose a subscription type" menu, and they get a greyed out attach button in the subscribe panel and if they have no access to the workspace, then they cannot hop over to it to then come back and get the attach button activiated.

I can also confirm the hop over to the workspace and back only activates the button for that one APP for the workspace you hopped over to. Looking at another APP  and the attach does not work so you have to go to its workspace to activate the button.

AxiomaticOne
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing this exact same behavior as described by the original user. Please put a rush on this as it is preventing us from rolling out additional usage to over 100 users. @v-yetao1-msft 

We've tried many different things to get this to work going to workspace first is the only thing that works then the app to schedule.  BUT we can NOT give access to the workspace to our 100 end users that is a no go.  Browser doesn't help, clearing cache doesn't help.

Our users are Pro License users, we have a P1 capacity in Premium that I think was converted to Fabric.

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

any news on this? I supplied the additional information as requested

regards

Andrew

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

any news on this? I supplied the additional information as requested

regards

Andrew

AlliedSol_Liz
Frequent Visitor

Has this bug been fixed by Microsoft?  My company is experiencing the same issue.  

Yolandros
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft We have the same problem in our company. Our admins doesn't have any solutions. Please report the issue to Microsoft!

UOLandrewdale
Advocate II

UPDATE

I have reported this to premier support and the case is being investigated. I have sent screen shots and browser console logs

regards

Andrew