Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

"Get Data" button not appearing in bottom left corner of Power BI Web App

I am trying to access the built in sample dashboards found here https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/sample-datasets#download-original-sample-p.... But the instructions on the page tell me to look for a "Get Data" button in the bottom left corner of my workspace. It was there at some point last week, but have not seen it since. Was there an update that moved this button? How can I get to the samples now, and why isn't the documentation updated?

Hi @LEK_RGMI ,

This is a new UI change that allows you to replace the old "Get Data" function by selecting New or upload on the page.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1674007156410.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
LEK_RGMI
Regular Visitor

LEK_RGMI_0-1673985449033.png

Above is from Power BI documentation. Below is a screenshot of my workspace.

LEK_RGMI_1-1673985468192.png

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @LEK_RGMI ,

This is a new UI change that allows you to replace the old "Get Data" function by selecting New or upload on the page.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1674007156410.png

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

LEK_RGMI
Regular Visitor

@v-xiaoyan-msft Gotcha, thanks for the timely response. But where can I now find the dashboards to the "Eight original built-in samples"? 

LEK_RGMI_0-1674052594443.png

_____

@LEK_RGMIAny chance you managed to find this? Thanks!

vatjha

I am having the same issue. I cannot find the sample reports without the get data button. 

Shopps

I also have the same questions.  How can we access the original built-in sample data?