Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

not able to setup new gateway on another server

i have already setup a personal mode and that is working fine but today i had setup the gateway in stander mode and it give me this error.. however, the sql server is up and im able to connect via remote from sql studio and even i can refresh powerbi file using the same sql connection however im not able to setup this for auto refresh pls guide.

server machise has 2022 R2 and sql 2014 and yes ports are open and using connection with correct port and allow remote connection is also enable from SQL database.

Unable to create connection for the following reason: SQL Server connection failed

Details:

ERP: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The remote computer refused the network connection.)

Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket.

ActivityId: 62f812e6-370b-4652-8b16-0f18d3efced1
RequestId: 0b2e946e-6100-40e1-a052-7d7f6b41e5b9
Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com
Status code: 400
Time: Sat May 13 2023 03:26:13 GMT+0500 (Pakistan Standard Time)

Hi @Azeem-amir 

Can you add the SQL data source in Manage gateways successfully ? You mentioned that you can refresh powerbi file using the same sql connection , can you explain it in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Azeem-amir 

Can you add the SQL data source in Manage gateways successfully ? You mentioned that you can refresh powerbi file using the same sql connection , can you explain it in detail ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Azeem-amir
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft : 

Yes im able to connect the sql connection and im able to refresh it manually as well.

Plus when i installed gateway it does show up in powerbi Gateways as online. but it wont work when i connect it with the auto refresh in powerbi Web. when i do that i gives me the above error.

Unable to create connection for the following reason: SQL Server connection failed

Details:

ERP: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The remote computer refused the network connection.)

Please have this information handy if you choose to create a support ticket.

ActivityId: 62f812e6-370b-4652-8b16-0f18d3efced1
RequestId: 0b2e946e-6100-40e1-a052-7d7f6b41e5b9
Cluster URI: https://api.powerbi.com
Status code: 400
Time: Sat May 13 2023 03:26:13 GMT+0500 (Pakistan Standard Time)