Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

New Card Visual Eraser and Alert toggle missing

Hi, the new card visual has the eraser as part of the Header icons, which is great, except that you can't toggle it..

If you turn Header icons off completly then you can't access the eraser, and if you turn them on then you need to turn off all the individual icons to get just the eraser and you are still stuck with the "alert" icon which also doesn't have a toggle.

Hi @michaelu1 

Are you sure the visual is a new card and not a new slicer? At the moment I don't find clear selection as a feature on new card. Secondly this feature is not affected by icons, even if you turn off Icons, it is still there, just grayed out. But when you select one of them, it will be highlighted and then after you click on it, it will be grayed out again. You can see how I did it.

Recording 2024-05-22 at 01.57.53.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @michaelu1 

I don't really understand your needs. When you turn off the Header icon, the corresponding icons can't be modified, only when you turn it on, you can modify the corresponding icons. What do you mean by eraser and alert you mentioned?  Can you explain your question more specifically via screenshot or video?

Best Regards,

michaelu1
Helper II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

So I'm trying toget this icon to show:

michaelu1_1-1716307659313.png

If Header icons are off then there is nothing, like this.

michaelu1_2-1716307689039.png

Now, in order to get only the eraser (because I don't want any other icons), I need to turn on "Header Icons" and then set all the individual icons to off as below:

michaelu1_3-1716307786971.png

The toggles for the alert and eraser icons (which are clearly controlled by the "Header Icon") are missing in this list. As you can see in the first screenshot I now see them both, however, there is no way for me to turn off the alert icon or eraser icon if I should so choose.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @michaelu1 

Are you sure the visual is a new card and not a new slicer? At the moment I don't find clear selection as a feature on new card. Secondly this feature is not affected by icons, even if you turn off Icons, it is still there, just grayed out. But when you select one of them, it will be highlighted and then after you click on it, it will be grayed out again. You can see how I did it.

Recording 2024-05-22 at 01.57.53.gif

Best Regards,

michaelu1
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft You are correct, I meant the new slicer.

Your screenshot is in the desktop.

Publish to the web with header icons off and you won't get the eraser option.

michaelu1
Helper II

@v-yetao1-msft Did you see my message?

You need to try this on the web