Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

iFrame Embedded Report Keeps Asking for Login

Hi,

Power BI Dashbaord is publsihed in premium capacity workspace and contains multiple reports. It is embedded to an application through an iFrame link.The iFrame is a login button and then the report is displayed. The problem is the internal iFrame is not reloading after sigin, the entire page needs to be reloaded to display the reports. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi  @Harpreet_14 

The app you mentioned is the app on PBI Service or the user's own app?You mentioned that internal iFrame is not reloading after sigin, the entire page needs to be reloaded to display the reports. Can you explain in detail? There is no similar known issue . When did this problem occur?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
bjkoning-bince
Advocate I

Same issue here with a Power BI report on a Premium (P1) Power BI tenant. The report is published using an iFrame in a user application. Until early last week we had no problems. Now it is stuck on the login page, regardless if the user is already logged in. Opening the link to the embedded iFrame report directly does work as expected without any login process.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @Harpreet_14 

The app you mentioned is the app on PBI Service or the user's own app?You mentioned that internal iFrame is not reloading after sigin, the entire page needs to be reloaded to display the reports. Can you explain in detail? There is no similar known issue . When did this problem occur?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

bjkoning-bince
Advocate I

@v-yetao1-msft I have been able to reproduce it by publishing an (Power BI Workspace) app. Add content to it,  pick "Add a link" and use any report outside the workspace within the tenant. For "Open in" choose "Content Area" to display it. As soon as you open the App it will require you to Sign in without anything else happening. This is the same behaviour as my customers are reporting.

Once I browse to the iFrame link directly it will correctly display, and the app will follow the signed in behaviour too.

Harpreet_14
Frequent Visitor

@bjkoning-bince Can you please explain the steps? What is (Power BI Workspace) app?

Harpreet_14
Frequent Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft it is an user owned app. When User make selection for an account, it directs to power bi dashboard and here is the problem user need to click sign in multiple times, still doesn't show up the dashboard, at the end user have to reload the entire page. 

Harpreet_14_1-1700565733147.png

Thanks