Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

PBI Desktop Not Launching Default Browser

I am using PowerBI Desktop in an attempt to connect to a SharePoint 2019 list. The SharePoint site is behind PingID enabled MFA. When I attempt to add the list as a data source and select "Microsoft Account" the internal browser/webview is launched rather than launching my default browser. The webview does not appear to understand how to redirect/negotiate with PingID. "Use Defult Browser" is enabled. I believe this is causing my MFA redirect chain to fail.

Version: 2.123.684.0 32-bit (November 2023)

Could really use some help with this one. Thanks in advance.

PBI1.pngPBI2.pngPBI3.png

Hi  @scottyboiler 

You mentioned that the internal browser/webview is launched rather than launching my default browser , can you explain it in detaill ? Did you have this problem before upgrading to the November version?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @scottyboiler 

You mentioned that the internal browser/webview is launched rather than launching my default browser , can you explain it in detaill ? Did you have this problem before upgrading to the November version?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

scottyboiler

Hello v-yetao

Regardless of what my default browser is set to in Windows, and regardless of wheter I have the "use default browser" option enable, when attempting to authenticate to the SharePoint 2019 site, PBI Desktop launches its embedded webview browser rather than opening my Windows default web browser. This occurred before installing the latest version. I installed the update hoping to resolve the problem which it did not.

scottyboiler

@v-yetao1-msft does my last comment help? Is there more that you need?