Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Workbook refresh

Cannot refresh data on my workbook. It asks for sign in credentials.

When signing in with my microsoft account, it gives the below error.

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Kindly assist

Lise

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you are setting refresh for a dataset created from a workbook? Is it an on-premises workbook or cloud workbook?

Have you ever used on-premises data gateway? If yes, what kind of gateway are you using? Personal gateway or standard gateway?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous 

May I know whether you are setting refresh for a dataset created from a workbook? Is it an on-premises workbook or cloud workbook?

Have you ever used on-premises data gateway? If yes, what kind of gateway are you using? Personal gateway or standard gateway?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

The dataset in on SharePoint and thus cloud based. I am, however, using the desktop version of Power BI to resfresh the workbook. So it is tryig to access the data on the cloud from the desktop and thus needs sign on credentials.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further info.

Kind regards

Lise

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply! You mean you want to refresh data of the workbook you connect from SharePoint in Power BI Desktop? 

Please try to clear permission for your data source as follows and retry it with your SharePoint credential. 

vcazhengmsft_0-1639474707870.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1639474798577.png

If it doesn't work, could you please tell me the version of your Power BI Desktop and whether you can see Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in your Options pane(File>Options and Settings>Options)?

vcazhengmsft_2-1639475924925.png

Also, please expand the process of Power BI Desktop in task manager to check whether there is processes called CefSharp or WebView2?

vcazhengmsft_4-1639476089503.png

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Caiyun,

Yes, I'm trying to connect to Sharepoint from Power BI desktop to update the workbook.

Have cleared permissions and still having a problem. Error message below:

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.RuntimeInformation' from assembly 'mscorlib,         Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

PowerBINonFatalError:

{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.99.862.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.dll","Component":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment","Error":"System.TypeLoadException","MethodDef":"LoadWebView2LoaderDll","ErrorOffset":"-1"}

The version I'm running:

Lise_0-1639546382513.png

I do see the infrastucture update but it's not ticked:

Lise_1-1639546503558.png

In task manager there is CefSharp but no Webview2:

Lise_2-1639546646166.png

Thank you for the assistance

Lise

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply. Please try the following solution.

First, download and install WebView2 by following the link in the official blog

Then, please try to tick this option and restart your Desktop.

After that, please reopen your pbix file and try to sign in to your data source again?

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Caiyun,

I have downloaded WebView2 from the blog, however, I got the message that it's already installed.

Lise_0-1639726995003.png

I then ticked the the Power BI desktop infrastructure update option and restarted Power BI.

Now Power BI will not open: I get the below error massage"

Lise_1-1639727176405.png

PowerBINonFatalError:

{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.99.862.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2Interop","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2Interop+InvokeJsException - BrowserNotInitialized: ","MethodDef":"EnsureCanInvokeJs","ErrorOffset":"91"}

When I press cancel, I get a further error message as below:

Lise_2-1639727396030.png

PowerBINonFatalError:

{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.99.862.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ScriptAsyncInvokeAttempt`1","Error":"System.InvalidOperationException","MethodDef":"get_Result","ErrorOffset":"23"}

Please assist

Lise

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply. Here is a newly released Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.100.684.0). Could you please uninstall your current Power BI Desktop and try this one? 

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thank you for the continued support.

I have uninstalled the old version and installed the new version.

Unfortunately it still gives the same error message when trying to open up my workbook.

Lise_0-1639990480228.png

Lise_1-1639990512963.png

Please assist.

Kind regards

Lise van Malsen

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for your reply. If so, please consider opening a support ticket for further help by following the bolg below. There will be a support engineer help you on this issue. Thanks. 

How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Caiyun,

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Isn't that what I did in the first place?

On what basis have we been communincating then all along?

On the link that you provided, there is no section for "Still having issues?' or to create a ticket.

Only "Additional Resources", "PowerBI Pro" and "National Clouds"

Please assist

Kind regards