Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to move NEW tables in model view

I have a PBIX file with ~30 tables and with multiple data tables and support tables. I've recently run into an issue when I add a NEW table to the report, it puts it in the top left corner and I'm unable to move it.

This causes an issue as I have multiple new tables to add and they keep stacking on top of each other and I'm unable to move any of them.

Update:

The PG team is still working on testing the fix and deploying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
SimoneKo

I have the same issue. Newly added tables stick to the left upper corner (one on top of the other if several are added) and all existing relationship lines disappeared. The realations ships are still existing, but not visible.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  all,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

ImkeF
Super User

Experiencing the same problem.
Additionally, my existing relationships don't appear at all, sometimes appear partially and sometimes, when I move an existing table, the relationship will break: 

ImkeF_0-1690821878618.png

v4u1989
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. It all started in July23. Never faced this issue earlier. The manually created tables are behaving this way and other data connections seems to be working fine.

PieterVelden
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Same issue here.

Newly added tables appear on the top left and can't be moved.

Existing relationships dissapear when opening the file.

This situation is impossible to work with. When can we expect a fix? @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Kind Regards,

Pieter

ltao

Hi,

I had the same issue. 

By creating a new "layout" after adding a new table seems to be able to "unlock" the new table in top left corner of the "All tables" tab. 

I am not a power user of PBI and I can't explain why it worked. Anyway, it works for me. Hope this can help you as well until MS sorts out the issue.

flacroix30390
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Found the issue and an alternative solution.

Inside the pbix file there is a DiagramLayout file (json format) - For some nodes, they are created with an empty location value :

{
"location": {},
"nodeIndex": "xxxxxxx",
"nodeLineageTag": "520f3f71-77e6-41aa-863d-xxxxxxxx",
"size": {
"height": 300,
"width": 234
},
"zIndex": 74
}

the solution is to copy a valid value :

{
"location": {
"x": 4620.987467595912,
"y": 420.86956838755858
},
"nodeIndex": "CPT_PNL_Treso",
"nodeLineageTag": "520f3f71-77e6-41aa-863d-7bfd46d55a9b",
"size": {
"height": 300,
"width": 234
},
"zIndex": 74
}

method is : rename pbix in zip, extract DiagramLayout et modify. The copy back inside zip and rename back to pbix.

Problem solved for me and relation line are back too.

Version is : 2.119.986.0 64-bit 

Issue with data imported from odbc driver.

Best regards,

Fred.

brandenbutler
Regular Visitor

Fred you are awesome. I will see if I can get a call together with our MS rep today to see if we can pass this info along. 

LydzHerbert13

Hi Guys i think i figured it out in the model view in the bottom right there is a refresh layout button. It worked for me 🙂 

LydzHerbert13_2-1691574248325.png

PieterVelden
Frequent Visitor

Hey @LydzHerbert13 ,

Yes that would work. However, it ruins your whole dataset layout, and I need to redesign the layout everytime I add a new table.

Not really a workable solution with very big datasets.

Kind Regards,

Pieter