Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to move NEW tables in model view

I have a PBIX file with ~30 tables and with multiple data tables and support tables. I've recently run into an issue when I add a NEW table to the report, it puts it in the top left corner and I'm unable to move it.

This causes an issue as I have multiple new tables to add and they keep stacking on top of each other and I'm unable to move any of them.

Update:

The PG team is still working on testing the fix and deploying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
DataInsights
Super User

I'm experiencing the same issue in the Power BI Desktop July 2023 release. New tables appear in the top left corner of Model view (overlaying each other) and cannot be moved.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @beach2sea99 ,

Please check the screenshot of my test below, I wasn't able to reproduce your problem. Can you provide a sample pbix or a detailed picture? (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)

Observed Behavior 7.17.gif

My test version:2.119.666.0 64-bit (July 2023)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

DataInsights
Super User

Hi Caitlyn,

It appears that this issue occurs in composite models that use a published dataset. If you connect PBI Desktop to a published dataset, and then add a local table, the local table appears in the top left corner and can't be moved. Furthermore, when you create a relationship between the local table and one of the tables in the published dataset, the relationship line doesn't display even though the relationship exists.

Thanks for your help.

beach2sea99
Regular Visitor

Thanks for chiming in @DataInsights.

Caitlyn, if you need a video, happy to send one your way. This PBIX file isn't connected to a published dataset, but it does have a connection to SharePoint files & SharePoint Folders using SharePoint.Contents formula.

I'm also experiencing an issue where all my relationship lines have disappeared despite relationships still existing.

yanzhao_LBS
Helper I

i just want to say i got the same issue and i cannot continue my work...

jcmkckenzie
Regular Visitor

Good Afternoon!

I am having the same issue, has anyone found a solution for this? I added a a few excel workbooks and they are stuck in the corner! SOS

Thank you!

Juan.

beach2sea99
Regular Visitor

@jcmkckenzie I have not. Be sure to vote this up to (hopefully) improve the response

mapiotrowski
Frequent Visitor

I' have same issue here. My Pbi version is 2.119.701.0 64-bit. 
Please help.

Anonymous
Not applicable
uggitodorovic

I am experiecing the same issue.