Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shared Y-Axis no longer functioning for a Line and Column Chart

Existing reports using a Line and Column chart where the column and lines are designed to share the same Y-Axis are no longer functioning correctly.  The report is treating the line and columns Y-Axis separately, even if "Show Secondary" under the Y-Axis is turned off.

Same reports display correctly in Power BI Desktop.

Power BI Desktop Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)

Desktop.PNG

Power BI Service, 2pm (UTC +10)

Service.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue, please test with our sample report on your side to see if the same issue occurs. 

q2.PNGq3.PNG

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft   Thank you for this sample file, it has helped me identify what change has been made by Microsoft which has invalidated existing graphs.  In my graph, the shared axis has been set to start at 0 and end at auto.  In your graph, your start and end are both auto.

On the service, my graph has a setting of 0 for the start of the secondary axis, even though it is turned off.  This setting causes the graph to use both axises regardless of whether it is set to being shown or not.

You can reproduce this in the sample file by:

• Turning on 'Show secondary' under Y-Axis
  • Setting the secondary Y-axis Start to 0
  • Turning off 'Show secondary' under Y-Axis.

You will notice that how this graph draws in Power BI Desktop will now be different to Power BI Service.

Desktop Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)

DesktopSample.PNG

Service:

ServiceSample.PNG

There are 2 key points to note:

• The solution is to remove the 0 from the start of the secondary axis
  • Existing graphs are being broken by this change, so many users will be impacted and not realise what needs to be updated to fix this, especially since the setting will be hidden.