Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Remove border on grouped visualizations

The unwanted border (grey rectangle covering all grouped visualizations) appears on published reports when new visual headers are used and the user clicks on any visualization from the group. The border disappears after clicking on something else. With old-style visual headers, this issue doesn't exist.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

May I know your concern about this grey color border? The border is used for prompting us that visuals within it are in the same group. 

q2.PNG

Based on my research, if we create a new report without modern visual header, it's not able to group visuals. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I was writing about border visible in view mode on reports published on the Power BI server. If I changed visualizations to the old style and published the same reports border does not show after clicking on any item of the group. I remember there was a few months ago a similar issue but with hovering grouped visualizations. Now it is a problem that this border shows up after clicking any grouped item and disappear only if the user clicks on something else outside the group.

Best regards,
Margaret

EdWatson
Frequent Visitor

Grouping visuals should be for hiding or showing and the user should not know or care that the visuals are grouped together.  Why show a border for any visual, it looks unprofessional?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is worse than I first thought. Having agreed with some of the posters here that this gives a very unprofessional and unnecessary look to the report, I unchecked this option, only to find that this caused all my visual groupings within the Selection Pane to be removed. This in turn resulted in many unwanted visualisation issues in the report, since removal of the groupings led to changes in the visual layer order.

Please correct this issue. There really is no need to show a border for grouped visuals. Or at least give us the ability to revert to the old option without any unwanted effects to Selection Pane groupings.

Regards