Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Relative Date filter does not include today until several hours later

Slicer DateTo.JPG 

My Relative Date Slicer does not include today's date until several hours later in the day. I am in Australian Eastern Standard Time, and I get the feeling the 'DateTo' value is being set from UTC?? Could that be correct?

eg Today's date = 23/10/2018, but ToDate in Slicer is showing as 22/10/2018 until after 10:00, then will display 23/10/2018.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Sorry to say you're correct.  I'm also on the East-coast of Australia and it's painful that the relative date slicer works using UTC.  Of all the amazing things PowerBI can do, it's a shame they can't just use the user's PC timezone for Desktop and Service.

I've already raised this issue and pushed it quite hard but I don't think product management see this as a priority.   I can assume that means that none of them are based in Australia/NZ/Asia otherwise they would be really frustrated with this issue too.

Please give the issue a push and perhaps they will listen some time.

Regards, David 

SteveMellor

Thanks for the response, David. Sorry I had not found your prior issue registered, but good to know I am not alone! How can I 'push' this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, not much other than vote for the various feature requests / ideas that exist for this topic  There's a few of them. 

And make noise when you can so people know that this needs fixing... 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

SteveMellor

Thanks for the feedback - I have added my support votes to the relative date sliver ideas.

macmy034
Advocate II

Still nothing on this? - Its been years!