Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh issues after query merge to add columns to a table

Hi,

My sheduled refresh started failing, after I published a new versions that used the Merge Query to add 3 columns from a SQL database table, for wich I already have a gateway and that table has worked for the last two years so can't be a gateway issue. I merged the columns from a SQL table (wich uses the Import data option), to the table that comes from an Excel spreadsheet in SharePoint Online (called sd_ClientSurveyResults). Now I keep getting this error when it tries to refresh:

{"error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","pbi.error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error_Details_Label","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Cloud data source refresh is not allowed in gateway setting."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: sd_ClientSurveyResults.

No gateway is needed when using SharePoint Online or Excel Online and the SQL database does have a gateway that works so not sure why this is happing.

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Based on your description, for merged data sources.You need to make sure you have enabled cloud source refresh in your gateway settings.Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

Comments
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Based on your description, for merged data sources.You need to make sure you have enabled cloud source refresh in your gateway settings.Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft , the Gateway has already been set up and confirgured

AnalystRene_0-1706004903072.png

And we have a Semantic Model that uses this connection and imports data. The refresh and gateway connections works fine from the desktop and the service, indipendantly, untill I tried to merge queries with an Excel import. Am I missing something else?

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft - I found this https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-february-update-is-now-available/ and it makes more sence now. I will check with our internal teams, if they can make the change and will let you know. Thanks

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Looking forward to your good news!

Best regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

@v-tianyich-msft I have good news, it is working - thanks for the direction