Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Refresh issues after query merge to add columns to a table

Hi,

My sheduled refresh started failing, after I published a new versions that used the Merge Query to add 3 columns from a SQL database table, for wich I already have a gateway and that table has worked for the last two years so can't be a gateway issue. I merged the columns from a SQL table (wich uses the Import data option), to the table that comes from an Excel spreadsheet in SharePoint Online (called sd_ClientSurveyResults). Now I keep getting this error when it tries to refresh:

{"error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","pbi.error":{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"Premium_ASWL_Error_Details_Label","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Cloud data source refresh is not allowed in gateway setting."}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: sd_ClientSurveyResults.

No gateway is needed when using SharePoint Online or Excel Online and the SQL database does have a gateway that works so not sure why this is happing.

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Based on your description, for merged data sources.You need to make sure you have enabled cloud source refresh in your gateway settings.Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Scott Chang

Comments
v-tianyich-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Based on your description, for merged data sources.You need to make sure you have enabled cloud source refresh in your gateway settings.Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft , the Gateway has already been set up and confirgured

AnalystRene_0-1706004903072.png

And we have a Semantic Model that uses this connection and imports data. The refresh and gateway connections works fine from the desktop and the service, indipendantly, untill I tried to merge queries with an Excel import. Am I missing something else?

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-tianyich-msft - I found this https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-february-update-is-now-available/ and it makes more sence now. I will check with our internal teams, if they can make the change and will let you know. Thanks

v-tianyich-msft
Community Support

Hi @Analyst-Rene ,

Looking forward to your good news!

Best regards,

Analyst-Rene
Frequent Visitor

@v-tianyich-msft I have good news, it is working - thanks for the direction