Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem connecting with Big Query from Power BI Desktop: ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft]...

Hi all,

I have a problem for to connect with Big Query to Power BI Desktop, the error:

ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverSupport] (1120) SSL verification failed because the server host name specified for the connection does not match the "CN" entry in the "Subject" field or any of the "DNS Name" entries of the "Subject Alternative Name" field in the server certificate. ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][DriverSupport] (1120) SSL verification failed because the server host name specified for the connection does not match the "CN" entry in the "Subject" field or any of the "DNS Name" entries of the "Subject Alternative Name" field in the server certificate.

I updated the Power BI and updated all BigQuery Librarys in the PC,

somebody have been any similar problem?

Many thaks for the help!!   🙂 

Hi, @Anonymous 

As the error message mentioned, you may input incorrect host name. Please check if the credentials you have input is correct.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi, @Anonymous 

As the error message mentioned, you may input incorrect host name. Please check if the credentials you have input is correct.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alisa, my credentials is correctly, the problem is that not can to connect with Bigquery

how i can to review that the DNS name is the correct? 

thank for your help, i am realy worried!! 😞

Regards

michaeldaynesuk
Regular Visitor

We are experiencing this issue and we believe it is in part due to our SSL intercept.

How is the investigation going?