Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Template not saving all properties

I have noticed today (June 2023 version) that some measures, relationships and sort by columns are not being saved to the PBIT file.  I have tried several times and ased a colleague to do the same and we get the same results.

Hi @all,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.

This issue has been addressed and will be available in the next release of Desktop. No clearly ETA for now.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
Macc-PA
Helper I

We are also experiencing the same issues with measures missing when trying to open template files.

Problem was noticed yesterday following the June 2023 update.

Is there any information as to when there will be a fix?

Ian_Altis
Advocate III

Any updates @v-xiaoyan-msft ?

Thanks,

Ian

ShawnFactorial

I'm also experiencing this issue... so bizarre that it only happens upon PBIT export, and the PBIX is fine.

RIC4023
Regular Visitor

I'm in touch with MS support to figure out the problem.

When I open the pbit with the new june version 2.118.828.0 I get the error.With a click on Refresh all button  the problem seems to be solved and the visuals load correctly again.

Community could you check if it's the same for you?

If so, we could say that it is a problem that occurs when opening the program and not related to the single pbit file.

Shefik
Frequent Visitor

@RIC4023 Very interesting... I've updated to this newest version and the problem seems to have gone away -- but it DOES seem to be a problem with the PBIT.  I tried opening the PBIT I created yesterday with the previous version of June 2023 Power BI Desktop, and it failed as normal when opening with this new version.

Once I created a new PBIT with the new version (2.118.828.0), it seems the problem is gone.  So I would guess that this new version is indeed generating fixed PBITs...?

I'll touch base with my colleagues to see if the same is true with them.

EDIT: I confirmed that this is indeed fixed for my colleagues!  If you are experiencing this issue, make sure to get on the latest version!  Microsoft unfortunately stopped maintaining their QFE website as of March...

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-change-log

Macc-PA
Helper I

Using version (2.118.828.0).

• Old report created using previous version of PBI .. most likely march'23. - had problem with templates and measures openning with June'23.
  • Re Saved the report using June'23 update, recreated the template, worked fine
RIC4023
Regular Visitor

I tried to recreate the pbit with the new 828 version. At first it seems to go without errors but if I try to reopen it 3/4 times after a while it breaks.

When the pbit opens with the error, just do a refresh and the problem seems to be solved.

Macc-PA
Helper I

@v-xiaoyan-msft   - any updates from your side as to what is going on?

Ian_Altis
Advocate III

Well I just created a new PBIT file and opened and it worked, measures, sort orders and relationships were all there!

Was there a hotfix applied? I have not done extensive testing but let's hope so.

Would definitely appreciate an official response @v-xiaoyan-msft as it is confusing and I am not confident with how to direct clients at the moment.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @all,

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it.
The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue.

This issue has been addressed and will be available in the next release of Desktop. No clearly ETA for now.

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn