Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Dataflows not refreshing

Getting the error below, even when refreshing one dataflow at a time.

There was a problem refreshing your dataflow. RootActivityId: 394090f0-0dd4-44ad-9ac8-76aeff5192d8 ErrorMessage:Refresh has failed unexpectedly. This indicates in most cases an out of memory issue in your capacity. Please check the capacity configuration metrics and try again.

Hi all,

I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
sleopol
Frequent Visitor

Also running into dataflow refresh issues this morning, thanks for making the post, and hoping we get this resolved soon. 

Vucko
Advocate II

We have the same issue with dataflows today as well. Moreover, all datasets connecting to these dataflows are failing with time out error messages as well. 

Zarek
Helper I

Same problem

JoUMP

We are experiencing the same issue with long running dataflows and dataset refreshes failing.

We also are experiencing issues making changes to dataflows in our development environment and saving them. It's unable to save with error message: The operation could not be completed because there was a problem updating the Dataflow. The Dataflow is being updated by another operation.

Finally, some reports in development (that are unchanged and were working yesterday) are timing out and displaying errors.

birknerj
Advocate I

My organization is also experiencing issues with reports failing to refresh. The errors indicate a time out issue.

birknerj_1-1686842871900.png

When trying to load dataflows in the desktop app we also encounter a time out error.

birknerj_0-1686842816220.png

We first noticed this issue around 4AM CDT.

hardiksri_98
Regular Visitor

Yes we are also facing the same issue. Seems like platform issue. Someone please update on this.

chris_drabek
Frequent Visitor

We're also having an issue with dataflows refresing this morning.  Reports connected to them fail with a time out error message.

mrraut
Frequent Visitor

We are facing the same issues since morning.

chris_drabek
Frequent Visitor

We've been working with MSFT on this issue.  Here's the info they sent to us:

SUMMARY OF IMPACT:
You may experience issue with Dataflow Refreshes in the North Central US Region. This could cause you to experience an error, timeout, or similar symptom.

NEXT STEPS:
We are urgently investigating the root cause and coming up with a plan to resolve it as soon as possible. We'll send an update once we know more.

CollinCrossie
Regular Visitor

This is also affecting us this morning. We operate a Premium Per User workspace for dataflows and they began to fail about 4 am CST.