Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI: Different Reports / Same Values - Error

Hello,

I have two different reports in Power BI, they have the same layout. Basically, I copied the first to get the next, but in the last one, I choose different filters, but sometimes I obtained the same value. I think there is some mistake in Power BI, in Dataset or something like this.

Somebody can help me?

Regards,
Bruno

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Would you please clarify " I copied the first to get the next"? 

It would be better if you could share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I copied the ".pbix" file and open in Power BI Desktop. After I publish the report in Power BI Online.
So I have two reports in Power BI Online, that have the same layout, but some custom visual are filter for different values.
The custom visual is the Tachometer.
I think that is some problem in datasets.

Best Regards,
Bruno

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From your description, it looks like you published two same report to Power BI service, but these two reports in Power BI service show different data when the same user accesses them, right? 

1. Please check if any RLS setting in these two datasets. 

2. Please check if the issue is related to the persistent filter: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-persistent-filters-in-the-service/

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

I have two reports with the same layout, but imagine, in one of them I choose "Oranges" and in another report i choose "Apples". But in conclusion, they always show me "Oranges" in both, understand?

I check the your first point, but I don't know where I can see the RLC settings, can you help me?

Regarding to the second topic, I have the option disabled of Persistent Filters.

Can you help me?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

You can check RLS settings for the dataset follow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls#manage-security-on-your-model

Best Regrds,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello.

Thank you for your answer. But what I shoud do ?
I saw that the option "Security" that appear in the link that you sent, didn't appear in my datasets. I attach one image for you see.

Bruno1.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From the screenshot, the dataset connects live to the SQL Server Analysis Services instance. So Power BI RLS isn't available for this kind of dataset. 

For your issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered