Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pin Whole Report to Dashboard

Hey ,

My solution is a real time streaming. The data is pushed into PushStreaming dataset at realtime.

Now I have a couple of question , I would be extremely thankful if someone can provide answers to these questions with clarity.

1. I have created a whole report with multiple pages. Now I want to pin this whole report to the dashboard. Is it possible?

2. I have created another single page report with bookmarks and buttons. The buttons work fine in the report , but as soon as I do a pin live page they seem to stop working. Can you provide a solution or a work around?

3. Is there a custom visual that can contain other visuals? I was thinking of making a custom visual which is a group of other visuals so that this visual can be pinned to the dashboard for realtime streaming.

4. How to Schedule a refresh for the PowerBI report? I want just the report to get refreshed because anyway I am using pushStreaming dataset so the dataset is realtime. Actually I found that even the dataset is realtime the report does not update until the "refresh button" is used. I want to automate the process.

I would be extreamly grateful if someone can answer these questions with clarity and pointwise. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Koustav,

1. Of course. You can pin each report page to a dashboard via Pin Live Page feature. 

2. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 75431354. Will update here once I get any information. 

3. As far as I know the answer is NO. You might need to custom your own visual: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-developer-tool...

4. Based on my test, o get the report data updated, we need to click on Refresh button or refresh browser page. To automatic this process, we can utilize the browser auto refresh add-in, eg: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh/ifooldnmmcmlbdennkpdnlnbgbmfalko

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Koustav,

By design - pinned report tile is only one page, not entire report. Bookmarks can try to go to other pages, so we block them.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu