Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pie Chart is showing detail labels for smaller slice rather than larger slices

Hi,

I understand that slice detail labels will appear and disappear depending on the font size, the number of slices and the amount of space available to the chart.  

However per the following picture, sometimes it will show a label for a smaller slice rather than a larger one which is immediately next to it.  In this case it is showing the label for the slice which has rounded to 0% rather than the label for the slice which is rounding to 2%.  You can see the value of the larger slice (the orange colour) via the tooltip on the screenshot.

This visual should prioritise showing labels for the highest values...especially for slices immediately next to each other.  Thanks

Pie Chart.png

Regards, David.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The same issue has been reported before internally: CRI 49879493. You can see v-haibl-msft's post in this thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Pie-chart-not-showing-all-the-labels/idi-p/280758. 

I already sent a email to consult if there is any update of this issue, will post back once I get information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, thank you.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I go information below: 

For this specific issue, the user can sort the pie chart by the Value (Descending), the current label algorithm will label clockwise therefore labeling larger slices first.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft - I actually have a number of different measures - each being their own segment on the pie chart.  I can't choose to sort all of them decending...it will only let me sort by one of the measures.