Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Members should be able to accept report access request

As long as workspace "members are allowed to share any content in the workspace, shouldn't they be able to approve any access request to a report in this workspace? And so, get notified by email of such request ?
In my Company, only IT are workspace admin. So we have to manage access requests despite no knowlege of the requester, nor the report content.
Members should be part of that workflow too.
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavidPROVOST

You can let your workspace admin modify the contact list follow this document: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-the-new-workspaces#workspace-contact-list

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

Thank you Qiuyun,

This articles explains that workspace contact list is notified of **issues** on the workspace (like refresh issues). Are you sure this includes access requests ? (I have no immedaite easy way to check this)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @DavidPROVOST

I tested with this scenario and it worked:

1. Workspace admin specified the user A contact list follow the document

2. Workspace admin copied the report URL from the Share pane, but didn't share this report with the user B. 

3. The user B got the report URL and used his account to access it. Entered message in request access box. 

4. The user A received the request email. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu