Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

La Coruña, Spain showing incorrectly in bing maps [SOLVED]

I am using the bing Filled Map to display data of Autonomous communities in Spain. I am using as data the pair "Autonomous Community Name, Spain" as suggested in here. It worked perfectly since yesterday. Now La Coruña, España appears in Lousiana. Maybe there is some conflicts with LA code of the US state... I have tried all of the combinations I could think of without success.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jjimenez

Based on my test, the La Coruña, España locates in Spain correctly. I would suggest you test again. 

w5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

jjimenez
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your answer @v-qiuyu-msft ,

using the data you mention what appears is the city not the autonomous community (state), they are called the same, when used with the rest of states it is not displayed properly. I have not been able to find a combination of data and category for it to work properly. Currently i work with "state name,Spain" and no data category and worked fine until now.

jjimenez
Frequent Visitor

To clarify this is my representation:

This is what happens with my set of dataThis is what happens with my set of dataThis is the space that should be filled.This is the space that should be filled.

This is my dataset:

ALAVA, ESPAÑA
ALICANTE, ESPAÑA
ALMERIA, ESPAÑA
ASTURIAS, ESPAÑA
BALEARES, ESPAÑA
BARCELONA, ESPAÑA
BURGOS, ESPAÑA
CADIZ, ESPAÑA
CANTABRIA, ESPAÑA
CASTELLON, ESPAÑA
CIUDAD REAL, ESPAÑA
CORDOBA, ESPAÑA
GERONA, ESPAÑA
GRANADA, ESPAÑA
GUIPUZCOA, ESPAÑA
HUELVA, ESPAÑA
JAEN, ESPAÑA
LA CORUÑA, ESPAÑA
LA RIOJA, ESPAÑA
LAS PALMAS, ESPAÑA
PROVINCIA DE LEON, ESPAÑA
LLEIDA, ESPAÑA
MADRID, ESPAÑA
MALAGA, ESPAÑA
MURCIA, ESPAÑA
NAVARRA, ESPAÑA
SEVILLA, ESPAÑA
TARRAGONA, ESPAÑA
TENERIFE, ESPAÑA
VALENCIA, ESPAÑA
VIZCAYA, ESPAÑA
ALBACETE, ESPAÑA
LUGO, ESPAÑA
MADRID, ESPAÑA
CUENCA, ESPAÑA
ORENSE, ESPAÑA
TOLEDO, ESPAÑA
SALAMANCA, ESPAÑA
VALLADOLID, ESPAÑA
ZAMORA, ESPAÑA
PALENCIA, ESPAÑA
PONTEVEDRA, ESPAÑA
BADAJOZ, ESPAÑA
CACERES, ESPAÑA
AVILA, ESPAÑA
SORIA, ESPAÑA
HUESCA, ESPAÑA
TERUEL, ESPAÑA
ZARAGOZA, ESPAÑA
jjimenez
Frequent Visitor

I have found what was off... As La Coruña has two official names A Coruña and La Coruña, previously it used to work with La Coruña but now it works with A Coruña. I leave this here in case someone else encounters the same problem.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jjimenez

I tested again with your sample data in Power BI desktop version 2.70.5494.562 64-bit (June 2019), the La Coruña locates in the correct place as well. Please test with our sample report on your side to see if it works fine. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu