Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with python visualization

i was trying to plot a simple box plot, but the xtick labels are all cut off. no matter what i do to adjust the size of the plot, the labels remain cut off. how to do i  fix this and make the entire plot visible (i cant shift just the visual around without the entire visual space moving as well with it).powerbi_graph_cutoff.png

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @maessery ,

Consider limitations of python visuals in Power BI Desktop: 

• Data size limitations. Data used by the Python visual for plotting is limited to 150,000 rows. If more than 150,000 rows are selected, only the top 150,000 rows are used and a message is displayed on the image. Additionally, the input data has a limit of 250 MB.
  • If the input dataset of a Python Visual has a column that contains a string value longer than 32766 characters, that value is truncated.
  • Resolution. All Python visuals are displayed at 72 DPI.
  • Calculation time limitation. If a Python visual calculation exceeds five minutes the execution times out which results in an error.
  • Relationships. As with other Power BI Desktop visuals, if data fields from different tables with no defined relationship between them are selected, an error occurs.
  • Python visuals are refreshed upon data updates, filtering, and highlighting. However, the image itself isn't interactive and can't be the source of cross-filtering.
  • Python visuals respond to highlighting other visuals, but you can't click on elements in the Python visual to cross filter other elements.
  • Only plots that are plotted to the Python default display device are displayed correctly on the canvas. Avoid explicitly using a different Python display device.
  • Python visuals do not support renaming input columns. Columns will be referred to by their original name during script execution.

Refer: Create Power BI visuals by using Python 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li