Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Header icon properties - missing on old report

Hi

I have a pbix that was created approx 3 years ago (I mention this in case it is a backward compatability issue) and I am trying to enable the Help Tooltip music43_0-1688638006279.png on a matrix, but when I got to the properties in the edit pane, this is what I see:

music43_2-1688638128345.png

I wondered if this was a bug in the new format pane but the issue persists with the old version (via the edit report in service):

music43_3-1688638251148.png

This leads me to believe it is related to the file and not the client as I can edit this property just fine in other reports:

music43_1-1688638084017.png

I have tried this on two different machines and the service, and I am unable to resolve this issue myself.

Thanks

Oli

Hi @music43 

Based on your testing, as you said this should be a problem with the report , not the Desktop. Since I can't restore your scenario from my side, maybe you can provide your pbix file for reference.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @music43 

Based on your testing, as you said this should be a problem with the report , not the Desktop. Since I can't restore your scenario from my side, maybe you can provide your pbix file for reference.

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

music43
Advocate II

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I have removed everything sensative by deleting all the company data and adding a simple measure so as to showcase the issue with the missing Header Icon properties. All 3 visuals have this issue.
Sample report with broken table properties and no data.pbix

Let me know if you have any issue accessing the file.

Thanks

Oi

davidtanchon
Frequent Visitor

Hi music43,

I had same issue with 2 recents reports, one had the options and not the other.

So I compared the Option Files, and the solution is to enable "Use the modern visual headerwith updated styling options" in "Report settings" part.

davidtanchon_0-1689084948521.png

BR david

music43
Advocate II

@davidtanchon - You sir - are a genius.

Thank you very much. I have no idea why that would be hidden away, but thank you again.

davidtanchon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks