Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Having trouble with a relationship between two similar tables

Having an issue which I'm sure is easy to fix and I just am not getting it. I use a master excel spreadsheet to create all my reports and one of my worksheets became too large so I had to create a second one for this month's data, now I'm in PowerBi and i created a relathionship between table1 and table2 and can't seem to find the right way to create a visualization that will allow me to add the new month in sequence with what I previously had. Example, I have from January - September but October is now on the new table and I can't seem to find a way for PowerBi to recognize this and just add the new bar in my chart for October. 

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@jjacques,

You can append queries(table 1 and table 2)  in Power BI Desktop. Or you can create a bridge date table, then create the relationship between date table with table 1 and table 2.

If you still have questions about the relationship, please share sample data of your tables here.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info