Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Field Parameters with Timeline

I'm trying to display equipment operation data based on date/time for trouble shooting. After creating Field Parameters to allow toggling between various equipment readings, I displayed the equipment outputs vs. Date/time.

This process works as a table (see below), but when converted to bar or line chart (or combination) it stops working completely.

What could be causing this? Is it a set up issue with the line/bar chart data? Please send help - user error seems likely but I've asked internally and reviewed multiple examples and I don't see what I've done differently.

Jpowelllittler_1-1653661082160.png

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side when using the 2.105.923 version of Power BI Desktop temporarily since it has still been a preview feature.

You can refer the limitations of field paramters here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

In addition, you can consdier sharing more details about this issue, like the steps which could reproduce it or a dummy sample file about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side when using the 2.105.923 version of Power BI Desktop temporarily since it has still been a preview feature.

You can refer the limitations of field paramters here: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

In addition, you can consdier sharing more details about this issue, like the steps which could reproduce it or a dummy sample file about it.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

madishn
Regular Visitor

I ran into the similar issue where by using fields parameter feature, I managed to include three measures into a line chart using fields parameter. The visual works as expected on desktop version, but when I publish it to the service, the lines are not showing anymore on the chart.

I tried it with in different workspaces and different apps (Pro license) but the issue persists.

I also realized I have the same issue when using fields parameter with other visuals such as filled map and matrix.

I have the latest PBI version installed (Version: 2.105.923.0 64-bit (May 2022))