Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Exporting tbl from report using Edge not working, works in IE.

Hello,

Whenever I go to export a table in my report, i get the below error message. This only happens when I'm using MS Edge and want to immediately open the report instead of clicking Save. If I do this same thing from IE, it works fine. I've tested this with another co worker and he is receiving the same results. Anyone else seeing this issue?

Error Message
Sorry, we couldn't find C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\<filename>.xlsx Is it possible it was moved, renamed, or deleted?

When I go to the destination it the error I can see the excel file but after trying to open it i get the same error message. When I click ok on the message it goes away and leaves me with an blank excel file.

Cheers
Joey

Comments
jmdesigns
Regular Visitor

I think I solved it. The title field of the table appears to be too long for Edge to process. Weird it works in IE. I just shortened it into 2 words and now it works when i go to export and directly to Open.