Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Export only extracts 300 rows on Summarized Data, File Format .csv

Hi there,

I have a noticed a recent issue where people are trying to use the export via the Summarized Data and the File Format .csv 

It says it has a limit of 30,000 rows but on any export it only retrieves the first 300?

Can this be investigated please?

This issue has been fixed. Please update Power BI Desktop to the latest version and re-export.

Comments
baseballtheory
Regular Visitor

Experiencing the same issue here

andymc123
Advocate III

Same.  Hopefully this can get escalated and resolved ASAP.  Also, why only 30,000 can we get it up to 100,000?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  @TWolsten 

I have a couple of questions to confirm.
1. are you exporting data on Service or Desktop? Or is the data exported from both places incomplete?
2. have you tested this feature before? If your data is less than 300 rows, is the data complete after export?
3. what are the Service and Desktop versions you are currently testing?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Nappa
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue. It's in the service when we right click a data point and show as table, we have 25,000 rows and then export as CSV. It only exports 300 rows.

If I export the data as xlsx then it extracts all 25,000 rows.

In desktop there is no issue, CSV will export all 25,000 rows.

My desktop version is 2.107.683.0 64-bit (July 2022).

Not sure how to check the service version as I would assume that updates as and when updates are pushed.

TWolsten
Advocate IV

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Responses below:

1. are you exporting data on Service or Desktop? Or is the data exported from both places incomplete? Service
2. have you tested this feature before? If your data is less than 300 rows, is the data complete after export? Yes, the data is exported if less than 300 but the limit was 30,000 last week again would query why this limit is imposed
3. what are the Service and Desktop versions you are currently testing? Service version:13.0.21453.63

LottieLou

Is there any update on this please?

We have the same issue - a limit of 300 rows on Export of Summarised data to .csv through the Service. 
Only started happening yesterday - before this is was working fine and exporting all records. 
Export of Data with current layout to .xlsx correctly includes all rows. Thanks.

andymc123
Advocate III

@v-yetao1-msft - For me it is in the service on a report that I have been using for over a year.  Click on the ... in the upper right corner of the table.  Export Data > Summarized data > choose .csv (30,000-row max).

All I get is 300 rows.  I also get a message stating that "Your dataset it too large.  Some data sampling may occur.

As others stated this just started this week.  I have users that have used this often and always allowed to get 30,000 rows in a csv, so clearly this is a bug and just started this week.  After August 29, 2023 12pm Central for sure...at least that is the first time reported in our company.

In this case I have the data filtered down to only 17,914 rows of data in the table I am attempting to export.

andymc123_0-1693591850877.png

Service Version 13.0.21453.70
Client Version 2308.4.15466-train

mim
Advocate V
Advocate V

same problem here, exporting csv is a very critical functionality and it did broken an existing process that worked for 2 years, please fix it ASAP

MrKenLau

Same issue start from 2-Sep-2023, please kindly help to fix this issue ASAP. Thanks.

Onemig
Regular Visitor

We're experiencing the same issue in our company and I've raised a support ticket with Microsoft. They were able to reproduce the issue and have escalated it with their product team. They've investigated and identified the issue and are now working to fix it. No ETA provided yet on when it will get resolved. Will post as soon as I have new info.