Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Embedding Metric/Goal Scorecards into Sharepoint not displaying properly

I read this Power BI blog post from a couple of years ago where @s-richert was discussing how to embed a Power BI Goals (now Power BI Metrics I believe) scorecard display into a Sharepoint Page in hopes of being able to view the scorecard inside of Sharepoint rather than having to open another app on my mobile device. I followed the steps to a tee, even using the suggestions to only paste the embed link rather than the entire iframe code and that allowed it to attempt to connect to Power BI. I am a Pro Power BI licensed user, the owner of the workspace, and it is still giving me this error when I try to open the embedded scorecard in Sharepoint: 

d_malone_0-1692798789199.png

I have tried this not only in this workspace, but also in another, premium-per-user workspace with the same results. From everything I have seen online, several others have had this issue as well. Based on the article I know this feature was in preview, so I want to know if this capability is even possible, or if there is something I am doing wrong, but just want more info on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @d_malone 

The blog you mentioned is already more detailed on how to embed goals into Sharepoint. No more details are available at this time. Maybe you can mention your idea to the Ideas forum to improve this feature .

Ideas (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @d_malone 

The blog you mentioned is already more detailed on how to embed goals into Sharepoint. No more details are available at this time. Maybe you can mention your idea to the Ideas forum to improve this feature .

Ideas (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

d_malone
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I agree that the blog gives me the details on how to embed the goals into Sharepoint. My issue, and the issue I have seen other users have as well, is that the feature is not working. I can embed the scorecard in the Sharepoint page, but it always returns an error message like this:

d_malone_0-1692883051214.png

The scorecards are a great addition to Power BI Service, but they are not able to be used in Sharepoint, contrary to what that blog post shows.