Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Git integration error 'No files to commit'

Hello,

we have for some workspaces with GIT integration an issue with commiting for a few files.

Sometimes we get the Workloaderrorcode: Git_InvalidRequestNoFilesToCommit.

But there are files selected.

This error pops up only when commiting some artifacts in the workspace and for other it works. Very strange.

Could you please have a look on that?

Alma7_0-1692785915976.png

Thanks for your feedback and now this thread is closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Anonymous ,

One possible cause of the error is that you are trying to commit files that are not tracked by Git. You need to add the files to the staging area before committing them. You can do this by using the command git add . or by selecting the files in VS Code and clicking on the plus sign.

Another possible cause of the error is that you have a conflict with the remote repository. You need to pull the latest changes from the remote repository before committing your local changes. You can do this by using the command git pull or by clicking on the sync icon in VS Code.

If these solutions do not work for you, you can also try to use the GitHub template app in Power BI service. This app allows you to connect to a GitHub repo and view a dashboard and report with GitHub data. You can follow this tutorial to learn how to use it.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/projects/projects-git

Tutorial: Connect to a GitHub repo with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn 

Best regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

thank you for your answer.

I will try it next time. Now I just disconnected the workspace's git integration and connected it again with a new folder in the Azure DevOps Repo.

The commit worked now. Next workspace changes will be pushed on firday. I will test it again.

Best regards

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Thanks for your feedback and now this thread is closed.

Best regards.