Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Embedded report freezing after clicking export data

Hi,

Since ~1 hour ago we are having an issue where a user will click a tile and select export data but the report just freezes and no csv is downloaded at all.

It's occurring across all of our azure powerbi workspaces. Is this a service outage and if not what could be causing this? (it was working just fine until 1 hour ago).

Thanks

Comments
ToinetteB
Regular Visitor

We are also experiencing the same issue.

It is probably related to an update by Power BI yesterday that now gives you the option on how you want to export the data - xlsx or csv.
We the report is published to app.powerbi it displays a popup, when you select Export Data asking the file format of the export.

This popup however doesn't display in power bi embedded.

Please help with a solution on how to display this popup in embedded.

prashantgupta_n
Regular Visitor

We are also facing the same issue since yesterday. Please consider the issue high prioirity and resolve asap.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@timwilson

Do you mean that export the data in Report view as below? I just tried it and it worked well. Could you please check that we’re dong the same thing, and try again to see if issue persists?

Embedded report freezing after clicking export data_1.jpgEmbedded report freezing after clicking export data_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

timwilson
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Yes it is that function, but not in PowerBI Online. It is PowerBI Embedded where the issue lies.

tnolan
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here with PowerBI embedded. Report freezes when hitting eport data. I did notice that when in powerbi desktop it now opens up windows explorer to select the save location, whereas previously it would be pushed through as a standard web download. Not sure if this is related, but investigating now. 

tnolan
Frequent Visitor

I also wanted to note that I am guessing they will be having a new powerbi desktop update early this week, which could be causing some of this, but really not to sure. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@timwilson

Did you see following message (first screenshot) after you click export from a tile? Then the report will freeze (second screenshot) after I click OK.

Embedded report freezing after clicking export data_1.jpgEmbedded report freezing after clicking export data_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

tnolan
Frequent Visitor

I did not, but I haven't checked in a few hours so that could be a new development. Also possible I'm not catching that exception like you are.  

prashantgupta_n
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I am getting second screen after clicking on Export data. Please let us know if we need to change anything in the configuration or code.

Regards,

Prashant

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing the same issue. Only affecting Power BI Embedded reports, the debug message is not appearing for us.