Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dragging tables in Datamart model layouts not working

Hi everyone,

I'm able to create new layouts, but whenever I drag a table into the layout canvas (Eg. Layout1) it switches to "All tables" layout and closes my working layout automatically. My datamart has imported many tables, with this issue it hard to create a new relationship.

It looks like a bug. This weird issue occurs in a few recent months.

familyfoodsmark_0-1701702593908.png

My browser: Microsoft Edge for Business - Version 119.0.2151.58 (Official build) (64-bit)

Hi all,

Glad to hear that your issue has been fixed,now the thread will be closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @familyfoodsmark ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue, For the time being, I haven't come across any other users with similar experiences to yours. Are other users in your organization able to reproduce it? Have you tried clearing your browser cache or trying a different browser?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

familyfoodsmark
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft ,

Thanks for your quick response.

I installed and tried again with other browsers, none of them worked. It's still the same.

Another user in my organization has this issue, too. My account is in trial state, not sure it affects or not.

I started using datamart from March 2023, this functinonality worked well, but this experience comes in recent month(s).

My working datamart has 67 tables, I created a smaller one to reproduce. I attached short video capturing of the issue:

(video is shared privately with who has the link)

Regards,

Family Foods Market

PJ_AUS
Regular Visitor

We have the exact same issue.
Tried different browsers, accounts, workspaces etc. New datalakes, warehouses too.
Once you try to drag in a table the workspace tabs get permanently deleted from the model and it "resets" to the All tables view.

familyfoodsmark
Regular Visitor

Today, the drag-and-drop issue with the table seems to have been fixed, the feature is working properly again. Thanks to the Microsoft support team.

cc: @v-xiaoyan-msft , @PJ_AUS 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi all,

Glad to hear that your issue has been fixed,now the thread will be closed.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn