Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Datasource Error SSL certificate february release PBI Desktop

Hello,

Since the february release we have multiple users complaining about a datasource error, screenshot below. 

Is this a know issue?

datasourceError.png

HI all,

The PG team is still working on this and I will update the status if there is any progress. The current workaround is a rollback to the December 2023 version. Thank you all for your cooperation!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi  @Tiemen 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards,

Tiemen
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msftThank you! It's good to know that the engineers are aware of the issue. Please keep me updated on any progress.

Tiemen
Advocate II

@v-yetao1-msft Can you tell me if there is a link with other Microsoft products? Like Azure?

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV

I found the solution to this in the SQL Server Power Query docs. Looks like they updated it earlier this month. 

It worked for me in both desktop and the gateway.

Power Query SQL Server connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

Joshrodgers123_0-1708705004671.png

Tiemen
Advocate II

@Joshrodgers123 Thanks for sharing, unfortunately this solution is not working for us. We have hundreds of Sql server databases and users are working on managed laptops.

@v-yetao1-msft Is there an other fix coming soon?

dasteele
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Is there an update for this issue?

thank you,

Dan

ddg

Is this still actively being worked on?  This causes failed connections for the SQL Server data source in PowerBI.

sgolestaneh
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft Hi! Is a resolution or new release/fix coming soon for this issue? Thanks in advance!

sgolestaneh
Regular Visitor

Tried downloading the newest updated version posted on 3/4/2024, and this issue was not fixed in it. Also, the newest version 2.126.927.0 broke the connection access to OneDrive as well. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

HI all,

The PG team is still working on this and I will update the status if there is any progress. The current workaround is a rollback to the December 2023 version. Thank you all for your cooperation!

Best Regards,