Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Theme changes between Bi Desktop and Service (might be a problem of old vs new Format Pane)

Hello Community

I applied a custom theme for my Bi Desktop report. I also have the new Format Pane active.

UrmasMand_0-1643796572623.png

I then used this custom theme to visualise my graphs so that Color1 would always show its color for the current year, Color 2 for the previous year and so on

UrmasMand_2-1643796745449.png

I then uploaded this report to the service and got a messed up view. For some reason the colors moved one step to the left, so now Color 1 is associated with the previous year.

UrmasMand_3-1643797028046.png

If I activate the Edit in service I can see that the Format Pane is the old version. My current assumption is that something messes up the theme that is connected to the way the old and new format panes work.

How can this issue be solved?

Thank you

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Would you like to post a download link of the pbix file with this issue without the sensitive data if it’s possible and we can help you to check if it’s an existing issue in the Power BI?

I also suggest you to make sure you have updated to the latest version of the Power BI desktop.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

UrmasMand

I had the latest version insalled. Now I solved the issue by just creating a new theme and applying it. And after publishing the report to the service the graph had the same colors both in desktop and service

However the problem first started when I switched on the new Format Pane in the middle of creating this report. This changed the colors in desktop graphs, I then reapplied my theme again and it fixed the colors in desktop but service was still broken.

In addition with the new Format Pane there is still an issue with the Chiclet Slicer that has some menus missing under the visualization pane –for example there is no menu to switch between multi select and single select.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

In my opinion, if you want to get a solution for this kind of custom theme problem based on your specific report as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session with you to help them to make sure if there is a solution to this problem in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,