Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Can't see hidden fields with new field list preview feature

Hi,

I have the new field list preview feature turned on and when connecting to Power BI dataset or Azure Analysis Services, I can't right click on the field list and select 'View hidden' anymore. Can this option be added back in.

Thanks,

Kelsey

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@kelseyp 

You may add a local model to enable it.

samnseir
Employee

Yes - please re-add.

Adding a local model is not always an option and when doing so removes any display folders used in the tables/fields, essentailly flattening everything.

clausm73
Helper III

Yes, having access to hidden fields is crucial when building reports and debugging the content - ie. being able to add key columns or other numeric columns to check that we have the correct data before removing the fields from the report and publishing.

I typically add hidden drillthrough report pages with a lot of "hidden columns" used in table visuals while the report is under development. Makes it easier to track any errors in data or calculations.

benfedit
Advocate I

much agreed we need it back this is crucial for any data analyst or PBI developer.

Adding a local model is not an option for PBI plugged on onprem AS, luckily we can disable the new field list feature to have show hiden back.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft this should be marked with a bug tag, since this is clearly something missing in the new preview feature. Adding a local model isn't an option for us either

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@kelseyp 

There is already an idea, you may leave a comment and vote it up.