Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Can't download .pbix file

Hi, 

I got the error saying downloading the .pbix file failed. Below is the details, can anyone help me resolve the issue?

Activity ID: 3cc33927-c60f-4a32-9ba1-339f391a8af2
Request ID: 8b3cd6c8-707b-33ce-f1bc-913d5baa24ea
Correlation ID: 5715f66f-647e-1284-6da1-3a4503bc58d0
Status code: 500
Time: Wed Sep 15 2021 15:54:41 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.16856.18
Client version: 2109.3.07625-train
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

I think you should first check if you have met the limitation of this function:

• This feature won't work with reports and the built-in downloadable samples originally created in the Power BI service, unless the report was created through the quick create experience.
  • Reports created in the Power BI service must be saved before they can be downloaded.
  • If your administrator has turned off the ability to download data, this feature won't be visible in the Power BI service.
  • Datasets with incremental refresh can't be downloaded to a PBIX file.
  • Datasets enabled for large models and the reports created from these datasets can't be downloaded to a PBIX file.
  • Downloading a PBIX file after deployment isn't supported as part of the deployment pipeline (ALM).
  • Usage metric reports can't be downloaded to a PBIX file.
  • Datasets modified by using the XMLA endpoint can't be downloaded to a PBIX file.
  • If you create a Power BI report based on a dataset in one workspace and publish to a different workspace, you and your users won't be able to download it. The download feature is not supported in this scenario.
  • You can only download the original report. You can't download a copy of a report.

For more info, please check this official document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-export-to-pbix

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin