Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Calculation Groups - New Groups item name not updating

Hi! I guess I've found a sort of bug when working with Calculation Groups and the names of the items are modified.

The issue comes up when I try to create a new or edit an items group, via the option "New group" / "Edit group" available when you right click on the Calculation Group column name:

pgenero_1-1702491292927.png

I'm going to explain this with some example.

I've created the PRODUCT_EXAMPLE calculation group, that contains Product A, Product B and Product C items (that eventually will return the SELECTEDMEASURE() filtered by one of those products). Here is what Power BI displays when I go to the "New group" option:

pgenero_2-1702491571260.png

So far so good, I can see the 3 items and I can create a group (that will be a new column in my calculation groups table).

BUT, if I modify the name of the items, the "New group" option diplay the previous name. I'm going to change Product C name to Bananas:

pgenero_3-1702491737809.png

Now I go to the "New group" option and as you can see Product C is still there, when it should be Bananas.

pgenero_4-1702491797268.png

Now I'll add a new item, Orange:

pgenero_5-1702491896069.png

So now, if I open the groups panel again, I can see the Bananas item and the new item Orange:

pgenero_6-1702491996339.png

In summary, the behaviour of this feature seem a bit strange.

I've tried refreshing the table where the items are located and it doesn't change. The best that I've found is save changes, close the report and reopen; or as in the previous example, create a dummy item, and then delete it.

Hi  @pgenero ,

Can you provide detailed version information or a sample pbix (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)so we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi  @pgenero ,

Can you provide detailed version information or a sample pbix (Please be careful not to include sensitive information)so we can reproduce the issue?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_Caitlyn