Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Breadcrumb nav in the PowerBI App service broken

Sometime around 2/25/2020, the breadcrumb nav on the power bi app (an app published to power bi service) has stopped providing a breadcrumb.  For example, after navigating to a report within the app, it used to have the app name linkable and show the current report in th breakcrumb nav.  Currently the app name displays in the nav, but is not linkable and the current report nav link does not display.

When clicking a saved bookmark, it seems to somewhat work correctly where the app name is linkable in the nav and the bookmark name is displayed in the nav.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Swanny , 

Would you please provide some screenshots to clarify the issue? Do mask sensitive information before uploading screenshots. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Swanny
Regular Visitor

Qiuyun, 

Sorry for the delay in reply.  Please find some screenshots of the issue. 

Testing Platform:

• Chrome Version 80.0.3987.122 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Also verified issue exists in Safari
  • Prior to retesting today (3/3/2020), I cleared all cache items to ensure I had latest javascript/css/etc.

To clarify, after validating again today, currently with the original "new look off ", the nav in the app appears to be working correctly (when viewing a report within the app, the "app name" breakcrumb link is hot/linkable).

OldLookNavGood.png

However, with "new look on", and viewing a report within the app, the "app name" nav is replaced with > ... > which when hovered over displays the app name in a popup menu, but it is not hot/linkable.  Also, the "Pages" button that is supposed to display to bring back the left pages nav if closed is not displaying either.

NewLookNavBad.png

Swanny
Regular Visitor

One additional update:
The above issue was chrome on Windows 10.  I tried on chrome on MacOS and it seems the app navigation in the "new look on" is working correctly.

Swanny
Regular Visitor

I've determined this is a reponsive design issue with the breadcrumb nav (but used to work).  I have a DELL 22" diagonal monitor at 1680x1050 resolution.  When the browser window is maximized at full screen, the nav segement for the report displays as < ... > and the hover is not linkable.  If I make it windowed/smaller, the breakcrumb shrinks to just > ... and then the hover box link for the report name works correctly.  Similarily, if I expand the window to cross two monitors so the full text in the nav appears, all links work correctly.  Only when the nav segment is < ... > and there is only one item in the popup hover box does the hot link not work correctly.

My best guess is the style/implemenation on the hover box does not properly create the hyperlink when there is only one item in the hover box.  I can provide additional screenshots as necessary, but I think this is pretty self evident.

Swanny
Regular Visitor

Looking at the style of the element, I think I see the flaw.  The ng-disable atribute is set to disable the last element in the bound list.  When the screen is sized where the breadcrumb is showing < ... >, only one item is in the list, so it is the first, last, only item and therefore the last$ attribute it true disabling the link/navigation.  This is a flaw because if it is the only item in the list, it should not be disabled.  The last item should only be disabled if there is more than one item in the list.

<button ng-switch-when="0" class="dropdown-item" ng-click="menuActionSelected();" ng-disabled="$last" ui-sref="landing.groups.group.apps.app" href="/groups/me/apps/d7b84f86-6082-4d94-888c-5e73fea44640" pbi-focus-tracker-idx="73"><div class="dropdown-content"><span class="dropdown-label" ng-bind="::item.text" title="eDP Insights">eDP Insights</span></div></button>

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Swanny

Thank you for your detail information. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 179273530. Will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Swanny,

PG team already created a bug to track this issue. Will update here once I get further information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu