Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

"New table" with DAX breaks when selecting a calculated column and table again

I've experienced a date table breaking and vanishing when selecting a calculated column and then the Dax produced date table.
How to reproduce:

1. Make a date table with Dax
  2. Add a calculated column
  3. View table in Table View
  4. Select calculated column 
  5. Select column from original calculated table
  6. Calculated table disappears, replaced by calculated column DAX code, breaking every date - related visual and relationship

Undo doesn't help, only way to recover is close without saving and use previous save point. Tested with data populated and empty report with no data loaded.

Hi @Pentti 

Following your procedure, I tested your issue. 

Created a calculated table (date tabble) , created a calculated column in the table . Then clicked the Table view . Selected the calaculated column and then selected the original date column . I'm having problems, I've noticed that the DAX of the column becomes the DAX of the table and then the error is reported. Refer to the moving image I provided for detailed steps.

Recording 2024-03-05 at 05.29.07.gif

Did you have the same problem as me? My test version is 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024) . I need your version information for further testing and troubleshooting. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Pentti 

Following your procedure, I tested your issue. 

Created a calculated table (date tabble) , created a calculated column in the table . Then clicked the Table view . Selected the calaculated column and then selected the original date column . I'm having problems, I've noticed that the DAX of the column becomes the DAX of the table and then the error is reported. Refer to the moving image I provided for detailed steps.

Recording 2024-03-05 at 05.29.07.gif

Did you have the same problem as me? My test version is 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024) . I need your version information for further testing and troubleshooting. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Pentti
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,
Yes, I have the exact same issue. My version of PBI is 2.126.1261.0 64-bit (February 2024).

Br,

Pentti