Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Schedule refresh option is not working however desktop version works on manual refresh

Hi All,

The automatic schedule refresh failures are the issue happening since 9th Dec, mostly post that. I have attached the error but I am not sure why PowerBI service is failing but when I refresh the tables/reports in PowerBI desktop, it is working fine. No changes are done on Intelex side, I have already communicated and confirmed from Intelex Support Community. Deleting the dataset and republishing it didn't work, unfortunately. Trying them in personal workspace also gives the same error.

Painpoint: I have to manually refresh several times a day and publish manually.

Count of Dashboards - 9

Source of reports - OData feed from Intelex Server (Platform)

Licence type - PowerBi Pro
Please help and share solution if this is something repititive. Note: I am not using any Gateway connection for this dataset.
The error says:
"Last refresh failed: 12/28/2022, 1:14:16 PM
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

DataSource.Error: <ccon>OData: Request failed: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.. DataSourceKind = OData. DataSourcePath =  **Link to intelex portal - Omitted as confidential**

Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-US-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Activity ID:  c9cd390b-cd06-4666-8e16-8ea7f852358c

Request ID: efef56cb-8471-4979-beea-98151532e325

Time: 2022-12-28 21:14:16Z"

Hi @ShephaliJain 

If you refresh in Power BI Service manually , can it will be successfully ? What is your data source ? How did you connect to your data source ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
ShephaliJain
Regular Visitor

The Data Source Error gives different table names for different Dahsboards but all those tables are not giving any error in PowerBI Desktop refreshes:

DataSource.Error: <ccon>OData: Request failed: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.. DataSourceKind = OData. DataSourcePath = https://clients.intelex.com/Login3/SSI/api/odata/Forms/DataDefinition/1859bd48-6381-45a6-9693-a8215f.... </ccon>. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: ECR Audits.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ShephaliJain 

If you refresh in Power BI Service manually , can it will be successfully ? What is your data source ? How did you connect to your data source ? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

ShephaliJain
Regular Visitor

Hello,

When I try to refresh within PowerBI Service manually also, I am getting the same error message. The refresh fails.
In my problem statement I mentioned that my datasource is based out of "Intelex Server" and I have also shared the link in the comment.

I connect through the OData feed option where I insert the data service link from Intelex report.

Please let me know if we can get on a call or something to discuss and I can show you these in system.

Appreciate your prompt response on this,.

Thanks,
Shephali

ShephaliJain
Regular Visitor

Hi Ailsa Tao,

Could you please prioritize this request.

Has this issue occured before or requested by any other user?

Thanks,
Shephali 

ShephaliJain
Regular Visitor

Hello Alisa,

Could you please share some update on this issue?

Any ETA on when this could have a resolution?

Please let me know if you need any other details to dig into the issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Shephali

se299055

I have the same issue and am unable to resolve it. 

ShephaliJain
Regular Visitor

@se299055: For me, enabling the "Gateway n-premises" settings resolved the issue. Try it out if it is not already being used for your dashboard.

se299055

On premise Gateway connection worked and the refresh worked once. Now I am presented with a new error message. Everything shows connected. Including the IMS CAPA ODATA feed.  

{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Client_GatewayUnreachable","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: IMS CAPA.

se299055

It is working now. Thank you!

sonaliverma
Advocate I

Hello,

I am having the same issue. It randomly comes and goes away after a few days. We have the same reports published on premium and non-premium workspaces. Sometimes it refreshes successfully on premium and fails on non-premium and vice-versa.